Strategic Planning Committee
Terms of Reference
The SSC Ad-Hoc Strategic Planning Committee was established as an ad-hoc committee in June 2023.
Chair. Appointed by the President.
Membership. Additional members in good standing appointed by the President.
Terms and Duties:
To develop a strategic plan and identify short (2–3 years) and medium term (4–6 years) goals to advance the mission of the SSC. More specifically, the committee will, in line with the SSC Statement of Purpose and in consultation with other SSC committees:, review current SSC activities, identify gaps, and recommend courses of action that SSC could undertake to:
1. further the statement of purpose of SSC
2. address membership issues, in particular:
(a) increase retention of current members (by examining membership renewal process as well as the needs of current SSC members and proposing ways to meet those needs).
(b) increase the SSC membership base (by proposing target demographics, membership categories, etc.)
(c) broaden the appeal of membership in SSC via
• increasing benefits of membership
• identifying potential outreach strategies and avenues for collaboration with other groups/societies
• enhancing member participation in SSC activities.
3. together with SSC Fundraising, SSC Program, and SSC Publications committees and other committees, suggest additional sources of funding of SSC operations.