Student Travel Grants Committee
Jinko Graham - Chair/président(e)
Terms of Reference
The committee was first established in 2005 as an ad-hoc committee. By Executive decision, it was renamed as Student Travel Grants Committee and its status changed to “continuing” in February 2010. The Terms of Reference were amended at the October 2017 Board Meeting.
Chair: Appointed by the incoming President.
Membership: Three additional members in good standing, appointed by the incoming President. The members of the Committee should reflect the diversity of geography and statistical interests of the SSC.
Terms and Duties:
To make allocations of travel funds to students giving presentations at the Society's Annual Meeting.
The guidelines to provide the travel grants are:
- students giving a presentation (poster or oral);
- no more than two awards per Department or Research Unit;
- no more than one award per primary supervisor;
- no more than one award per presentation;
- no more than $750 per award; smaller amounts can be awarded to students who are closer to the meeting site;
- some geographical preferences will apply (e.g. if the meeting is held in the centre of the country, students from universities in far East and West will have priorities; and if the meeting is held in the West, students from far East will have preference followed by centre students; and so on).
Who is eligible:
Any full-time student at a Canadian University presenting a poster or giving a talk in a Contributed or Invited Paper Session. In the case of multiple authors, only one award will be given per presentation.
Who is ineligible:
A student who has received an SSC Travel Award within the last two years, or a student that is only attending the SSC Student Conference, or a student who is only participating in a Case Study Session.
- The President notifies the Chair of the Committee by November 15 about the funds available.
- The Committee will make announcements about the travel awards on the meeting website, through an email to SSC members sometime in January and in the February issue of Liaison.
- The Committee will make the final decisions by March 31 (which will allow students sufficient time to make further necessary plans to make the trip possible).
- Please visit the page: https://ssc.ca/en/meeting/registration-information/2019-student-travel-a...