Information about Accreditation
Who can apply for accreditation?
SSC Accreditation is for practice in Canada, by a Statistician who is a Canadian citizen or a legal resident of Canada, or has an association with Canada as defined in Section 2.4 of the accreditation documentation.
At the time of application for P.Stat. accreditation, a candidate must be a member of the SSC. The candidate must be actively involved in the practice of statistics currently, or have been actively involved in the past.
The SSC Accreditation Regulations
The Accreditation Document outlines the regulations for SSC accreditation. The SSC Code of Ethical Statistical Practice is the guide for the SSC accredited members in their everyday professional life.
Fees and Dues
- Regular P.Stat. application fee of $100
- Reduced P.Stat. application fee of $50, for those accredited through other recognized statistical organizations, and those who are retired or unemployed.
- Regular A.Stat. application fee of $50
All renewal dues in the first year of accreditation are payable at 100% for those accredited in January-April, at 50% for those accredited in May-September, and complimentary for those accredited in October-December.
- Regular P.Stat. dues of $75 per year
- Regular P.Stat. dues of $65 for those accredited through other recognized statistical organizations
- Reduced P.Stat. dues of $35 per year for those who are retired or unemployed
- Regular A.Stat. dues of $35 per year