Statistical Education Workshop 2017
- Workshop title: Teaching Introductory Statistics with Simulation Based-Inference
- Presenter: Nathan Tintle, Dordt College
- The introduction slide (6 pages) - (slide file)
The goals of this workshop are to help participants revise their introductory statistics course in two ways:
- Using simulation-based methods, as opposed to methods based on the normal distribution, to introduce concepts of statistical inference, and
- Emphasizing the overarching process of conducting statistical investigations, from formulating a question and collecting data through exploring data and drawing inferences to communicating results, throughout the course.
Please see this page for more information.