Benefits of Membership for Individual Members
The Statistical Society of Canada (SSC) is the only national organization in Canada devoted to the development of the professional interests of statisticians and probabilists. Many dedicated members actively participate in its mission by volunteering in various capacities, and by becoming a member you help us develop the profession of statistics throughout Canada. Note that membership fees are admissible expenses for many types of grants (e.g., NSERC).
- Liaison, our electronic newsletter;
- Electronic access to The Canadian Journal of Statistics, presenting leading research papers in statistics and probability, with a paper copy available at an extra cost;
- Access to email lists that provide important SSC information, announcements about jobs, SSC activities, and other relevant topics;
- Access to A.Stat. or P.Stat. accreditation status which is a useful asset when looking for employment or for seeking clients; application for this status is separate, but SSC membership is compulsory;
- Discounted rates for people who have paid their membership dues for the current year by the time of the registration for our Annual Meetings, the Joint Statistical Meetings, and the ASA Conference on Statistical Practice.
- Access to a vast network of colleagues with similar professional interests to yours through participation in SSC committees, as well as in activities of Sections or Regional Associations;
- 35% discount for books from Wiley, the CJS publisher;
- Eligibility for awards recognizing excellence in Canadian statistics;
- Advocacy on your behalf, to develop a public awareness of the value of statistical thinking and the importance of statistics and statisticians in Canadian society;
- Outreach in the education sector to promote the training of statistics at all levels of education;
- Voting rights in the SSC election.