SSC Email Lists
Three Distinct Lists
- [a-ssc] Occasional announcements that must be sent to all ssc members. There is no "unsubscribe" option, and this is a moderated list.
- [g-ssc] Announcements of general interest to all SSC members. Members are included in this list by default, but may choose to opt out. This is a moderated list.
- [d-ssc] Unmoderated email list that is open to all members. Members must opt in to the list to send emails or post to the list. Messages from nonmembers are vetted before posting.
SSC Discussion List
The d-ssc e-mail list is provided exclusively to members of the Statistical Society of Canada to discuss issues relevant to statistics, statisticians, and careers in statistics. Job advertisements are welcomed.
- You must be a member of the Statistical Society of Canada to subscribe to the SSC discussion list. Before you attempt to subscribe to the d-ssc list, please send an e-mail to email@example.com confirming that you are a member of the SSC, otherwise your subscription may be refused by the list administrator.
- If you are not yet a member of the SSC, you can find out how to join here.
- Subscribe to the SSC Discussion List
You will receive a password to use when managing your d-ssc list membership. To post to the list, send your e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put your message in the body of the e-mail and do not include any attachments.
- If you post to the list, please use the same e-mail address you gave when you subscribed. To post from one address while receiving postings from another, subscribe twice but set one subscription to receive no mail. There is also a digest option.
List subscribers may post to the d-ssc list without moderator intervention. If you are sending a job advertisement and you are not a subscriber to the d-ssc list, you MUST contact the list moderator at email@example.com to obtain permission to post BEFORE SENDING your item.
List members can browse archived postings. Click on the link below and use your e-mail address and password to enter.