The sixth Annual Canadian Statistics Student Conference
New: See photos of the conference on Flickr
*** The CSSC Program Booklet is Now Available ***
Click here to see the booklet, with schedule and information on all the sessions.
Note: Onsite registration will be possible on the day of the conference.
For other questions, please contact the organizing committee at email@example.com
Many reasons to register!
- A keynote speech by Professor James Hanley from McGill University, on Things They Don’t Teach You in Graduate School (link to his bio)
- This is a great opportunity to present your research to a friendly audience
- Several prizes will be awarded, including:
- CMS-SMC Undergraduate Poster Competition Awards (150$ each)
- Best Posters of the SSC Student Conference Awards (150$ each)
- Best Oral Presentations of the SSC Student Conference Awards (150$ each)
- Abstract translation prize
- Travel Awards of up to 200$!
- This conference is 100% geared towards engaging students with
- a statistical workshop on reproducible research led by Sahir Bhatnagar, PhD candidate from McGill University (link to his bio)
- a career panel with well-established statisticians (link to the speakers' bios)
- a skills session on mental health in grad school and how to organize your time (link to the speakers' bios)
- a networking wine and cheese event at the end of the day
- … and much more!
- submit an abstract for a poster, presenting research work you have done under the supervision of a faculty member;
- your supervisor must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, confirming their involvement in the submitted work.
- Follow this link to create an account at ssc.ca (if you do not already have an account with the SSC) and register to the SSC Annual meeting
- The registration for CSSC is done through the registration form for the Annual Meeting of the SSC; the registration fee for the student conference alone is 60$. Once you signed in at the link above, you can fill the registration form for the main Annual Meeting and indicate that you register to the student conference (at the bottom of the form), but it is not mandatory to register for any other activity related to the main Annual Meeting: it is possible to fill just the student conference part if you do not want to attend the main Annual Meeting
- Please do not submit your abstract for the CSSC through the link above (the abstract submission for the main Annual Meeting and the student conference are independent and we will not receive your abstract if you do so). Follow this link to submit an abstract for CSSC. You must have registered to the CSSC (steps 1 and 2) prior to submitting an abstract.
For any other question, please write directly to the organizing committee, at: email@example.com.
***NEW THIS YEAR***
If you are looking for new job opportunities, please consider registering to the SSC Job Fair as either a Job Seeker or an Employer. The Job Fair will be held in conjunction with the 2018 SSC Annual Meeting in Montreal. Interviews will be held in the same week as the SSC Annual Meeting, and it is free for Job Seekers! Deadline for registration as a Job Seeker is May 11th, 2018. For more information, click here.