Assistant Professor of Financial Mathematics
Université de Montréal has more than 10,000 employees and is one of Canada's Top 100 Employers. UdeM has Canada's 2nd largest student body and ranks among the top five Canadian research universities, receiving more than half a billion dollars in research funding every year. Through the achievements of the members of its community, UdeM participates in building today’s and tomorrow’s world.
The Département de mathématiques et de statistique is seeking applications for a full-time tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in Financial Mathematics.
The appointed candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, supervise graduate students, be active in research, publishing, and the diffusion of knowledge, as well as contribute to the activities of the University, especially to our programs in Financial Mathematics and Actuarial Science.
- Ph. D. in Financial Mathematics, Mathematics, Statistics or a related discipline (candidates completing their thesis will also be considered).
- Very strong research record.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality university teaching.
- Expertise in Data Science would be an asset.
- Ability to establish links with the financial community would be an asset.
- An adequate knowledge of the French written and spoken language or a strong commitment tom astering the proficiency level required, in accordance to Université de Montréal’s Language Policy. An institutional learning support program is offered to all professors wishing to learn French or improve their communication skills.
How to submit your application
The application must include the following documents:
- a cover letter;
- application must include in the covert letter one of the following statements : “ I am a citizen /permanent resident of Canada. “ or “ I am not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.”
- a curriculum vitae;
- a statement of the research project;
- a presentation of the candidate’s teaching experience and philosophy (one page);
- copies of up to three recent publications or research papers.
- Three letters of recommendation are also to be sent directly by the referees.
The complete application package and letters of recommendation must be submitted to www.mathjobs.org or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 4th. The complete application package and letters of recommendation may also be sent to the chair of the Department at the following address:
Madame Marlène Frigon, directrice
Département de mathématiques et de statistique – Pavillon André-Aisenstadt
Faculté des arts et des sciences – Université de Montréal
C.P. 6128, succursale Centre-ville
Montréal, H3C 3J7
For more information about the Department, please consult its Web site at: http://dms.umontreal.ca/en/.
Additional information about the position:
|Reference number||FAS 09-19/1|
|Application deadline||November 4th, 2019|
|Salary||Université de Montréal offers competitive salaries and a full range of benefits|
|Starting date||On or after June 1st, 2020|
Université de Montréal is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. Through its Equal Access Employment Program, UdeM invites women, Aboriginal people, visible and ethnical minorities, as well as persons with disabilities to send their application. We will –confidentially – adapt our recruitment mechanisms to the specific needs of people with disabilities who request it. We also welcome applications from candidates of all orientations and sexual identities. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadians and permanent residents.Université de Montréal’s application process allows all members of the Professor’s Assembly to review the application files submitted. If you wish to keep your application confidential until the shortlist is established, please mention it in your application.