DashR Analytics Applications - Summer and Fall Interns
At Plotly’s Montreal office, you’ll work alongside a diverse team of scientists, engineers and programmers who are building industry-leading data visualization and analytics software. Our technology has made it to desks at Google, NASA, MIT and Tesla, and as a Dash Intern, you’ll have a seat at the table to take ownership of your work and share your ideas to steer the future of data visualization.
You can expect to gain:
● Knowledge of data visualization and analytics best practices, and data manipulation skills.
● Portfolio pieces: interactive analytics applications that will be published on Plotly’s website, in newsletters, and possibly demo it to industry partners.
● Insights into crafting your own data visualizations, and the ability to communicate more effectively in academic or professional settings.
● Professional development in a dynamic, open and empowering work culture.
You’ll be responsible for:
● Designing and building data analytics applications with Plotly’s ever-growing open-source Dash Python and Dash R frameworks. For examples (in Python) across all industries: https://dash.plot.ly/gallery
● Exploring and visualizing data from diverse sources using diverse tools like network graphs, heatmaps, time series, histograms, choropleths, 3D surface plots and statistical charts… to name a few. Not familiar with some of these? We’ll introduce you.
● Providing feedback and recommendations about what applications or components you think would benefit the Dash open-source community.
What you need:
● Current university student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree
● Experience with HTML and CSS
● Prior experience writing R code and familiarity with git + GitHub (in a solo and team) environment. Please send us a link to one of your repositories featuring R code!
● Experience with data.table or "Tidyverse"-related packages for data management and manipulation, and Plotly required
● Basic knowledge of fundamental data structures
● Ability to learn quickly and adapt to different challenges
● Adept written, oral and interpersonal skills
● Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status, and eligible to work in Canada according to the laws and regulations of the province or territory where you live
● Not currently employed as a paid employee for any other company or organization
● Bonus: Experience with React.JS and Node.JS frameworks
● Bonus: Experience with Dash and Plotly frameworks
Interested applicants please forward your cover letter and resume to Ms Ansona Ching (email@example.com).
Visit https://plot.ly/company/careers/ and @plotly on Instagram to learn more about our work culture, office space, company values and open positions.