Université de Montréal: Assistant professor in biostatistics, statistics or data science
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
Faculty of Arts and Science
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position of assistant professor in biostatistics, statistics or data science.
The appointed candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, supervise graduate students, be active in research, publishing, and the dissemination of knowledge, and contribute to the activities of the University.
- PhD in Statistics, in Biostatistics, or equivalent doctorate (candidate completing dissertation will also be considered). Preference will be given to candidates with an expertise in biostatistics.
- Strong research and publication record.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high quality university teaching.
- An adequate knowledge of the written and spoken French language or a strong commitment to mastering the proficiency level required, in accordance to Université de Montréal’s Language Policy. An institutional learning support program is offered to all professors wishing to learn French or improve their communication skills.
How to submit your application
The application file should contain the following documents:
- A cover letter; application must include in the cover letter one of the following statements: “I am a citizen/ permanent resident of Canada” or “I am not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada”;
- A curriculum vitae;
- A presentation of your research program (suggested maximum two pages);
- A statement of teaching philosophy (suggested maximum one page);
- Copies of up to three recent publications or research papers;
- Three letters of recommendation are also to be sent directly to the chair by the referees. Without being a requirement, it would be advisable that they include comments on teaching aptitude.
The complete application package and letters of recommendation must be submitted to www.mathjobs.org or emailed to Marlène Frigon, chair of the department, at firstname.lastname@example.org before November 14, 2021.
For more information about the department, please consult its Web site at: http://dms.umontreal.ca/en
Additional information about the position
- Reference number: FAS 09-21/10
- Application deadline: until November 14, 2021 inclusively
- Salary: Université de Montréal offers competitive salaries and a full range of benefits
- Starting date: As of June 1, 2022
Université de Montréal is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. Through its Equal Access Employment Program (EAEP), UdeM invites applications from women, Aboriginal people, visible and ethnic minorities, as well as persons with disabilities. We will—confidentially—adapt our recruitment mechanisms to the specific needs of people with disabilities who request it.
UdeM embraces a broad and inclusive definition of diversity that goes beyond applicable laws, and therefore encourages all qualified individuals to apply, regardless of their characteristics. However, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadians and permanent residents.
In order to measure the impact of its equity, diversity and inclusion actions, UdeM is collecting data on applicants identifying themselves with one of the groups targeted by the Equal Employment Opportunity Act, namely women, Aboriginal people, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and people with limitations. To this end, we thank you for completing this self-identification questionnaire. The information you provide through this form is strictly confidential and will be shared only with those responsible for the UdeM EAEP. If you wish, you may also indicate that you belong to one of the targeted groups in your cover letter, which will be reviewed by the selection committee and the assembly of peers.
Université de Montréal’s application process allows all members of the Professor’s Assembly to review the application files submitted. If you wish to keep your application confidential until the shortlist is established, please mention it in your application.