The seventh Annual Canadian Statistics Student Conference
Please join us at this annual conference, organized entirely by students, for students! It is a great opportunity to present your work in a low-stress environment.
Some of the features planned for this year include:
- A keynote speech by Dr. Charmaine Dean from University of Waterloo, on Interdisciplinary Work and being successful as a leader in this arena (see biography in PDF here)
- Career session with speakers from academia, government, and industry
- Skills session on machine learning applications in R
- Computational workshop on data science
- Networking lunch
- and much more!
Several prizes will be awarded, including:
- CMS-SMC Undergraduate Poster Competition Awards
- Best Posters of the SSC Student Conference Awards
- Best Oral Presentations of the SSC Student Conference Awards
- Travel Awards
The abstract submission deadline is February 25th, 2019. If you plan on submitting an abstract at both the annual SSC conference and the CSSC, note that you are not allowed to give the same presentation at both conferences. Please note that the registration rate for the CSSC 2019 remains $60 at anytime.
We encourage French-speaking attendees to give their presentations in French with slides in English. If possible, submitting an abstract in both languages (English and French).
CMS Undergraduate Poster Competition: details
The student conference is a good opportunity for undergraduate students to present their work and improve their presentation skills in a friendly environment. Undergraduate students who submit an abstract for a poster will be eligible to the CMS-SMC Undergraduate Poster Competition Award under the following conditions:
- submit an abstract for a poster, presenting research work you have done under the supervision of a faculty member;
- your supervisor must send an email to email@example.com, confirming their involvement in the submitted work.
How to register? How to submit an abstract?
Follow this link to create an account at ssc.ca (if you do not already have an account with the SSC) and register to the SSC Annual meeting.
The registration for CSSC is done through the registration form for the Annual Meeting of the SSC; the registration fee for the student conference alone is 60$. Once you signed in at the link above, you can fill the registration form for the main Annual Meeting and indicate that you register to the student conference (at the bottom of the form), but it is not mandatory to register for any other activity related to the main Annual Meeting: it is possible to fill just the student conference part if you do not want to attend the main Annual Meeting.
Please do not submit your abstract for the CSSC through the link above (the abstract submission for the main Annual Meeting and the student conference are independent and we will not receive your abstract if you do so). Follow this link to submit an abstract for CSSC. You must have registered to the CSSC (steps 1 and 2) prior to submitting an abstract.
Students from Canadian Universities can apply to travel awards through the CSSC abstract submission form, in third page.