Information for Presenters and Session Chairs
Information for Presenters
- Identify the room location of your session early in the meeting and arrive at the room at least 15 minutes before the session starts.
- Bring the PDF file of your presentation slides on a USB memory stick. Upload your presentation file to the computer in the room and make sure that everything works in advance of the session.
- Contributed session speakers are generally allotted 15 minutes. It is recommended that the speaker plan for a 12 or 13-minute presentation to allow for questions.
- Invited session speakers generally have 30 minutes including questions, though some variations exist. Check the program ahead of time, and verify with your session organizer and session chair if uncertain.
Poster Presentations and Case Studies
- Contributed posters and Case Study posters will be in a room TBA. Assistance and hooked pads for mounting will be available at the registration desk. The maximum dimensions for each poster are 4 feet high by 3.5 feet wide.
- Case Study posters are scheduled on Monday. Presenters are requested to put up their posters between 10:00 and 12:00, and are expected to be with their posters during the designated poster session from 13:30 to 15:30. Posters should be removed after 17:30 Tuesday.
- Contributed posters are scheduled on Tuesday. Presenters are requested to put up their posters between 10:00am and 12:00pm on Tuesday, and are expected to be with their posters during the designated poster session from 13:30 to 15:30. Posters should be removed after 17:30 Tuesday.
Suggestions for Session Chairs
- Arrive at the session room at least 15 minutes early to check that all presentation files can be displayed by the audio-visual equipment present in the room.
- Volunteers will arrive at your room in advance of the sessions to check if there are audio-visual difficulties. Each volunteer is responsible for two rooms in advance of the session. As a consequence they may not be present on arrival.
- If audio-visual difficulties occur during the session, a volunteer will be available in the hall outside your room. Each volunteer is responsible for four rooms during the session.
- Make sure that all presentation files are uploaded to the room computer before the session starts.
- Identify all of your speakers before the session starts. Ask speakers how to pronounce their names in advance if uncertain.
- Respect the allotted time for each speaker. Be brief with introductions. Use the show cards provided in each room to alert speakers when there are 5, 2, and 1 minute(s) remaining. Stop the speaker if he/she goes beyond the allotted time.
- Allow time for one or two quick questions only if the allotted time is not all used up. Otherwise, remind the participants that they will be able to interact with the speakers after the session.
- Follow the order of the talks in the published schedule. If a speaker is absent, do not change the schedule. Stick with the published time period allotted to each speaker, as some people might want to attend only a portion of the session or a particular talk at the published time. In the event of a speaker absence, use the extra time for questions directed to previous speakers if possible.
- Thank all the speakers at the end of the session.