Département de mathématiques
Faculté des sciences
Université de Sherbrooke
The Université de Sherbrooke is seeking candidates for a tenure-track appointment as a full-time professor in the Department of Mathematics of the Faculty of Science. The area of specialization sought after is Statistics.
UNIVERSITY'S COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
The University is committed to making a priority of these values as strategic factors of excellence. This commitment is stated in the University's Plan d'action d'équité pour les programmes interorganismes (2017–2022).The University invites all qualified individuals to apply, in particular, women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities under the Programme d'accès à l'égalité en emploi (PAEE). The selection tools can be adapted, with an assurance of complete confidentiality, to the needs of persons with disabilities who so request. The University also encourages individuals of all sexual orientations and gender identities to apply. Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
The Université de Sherbrooke is a French-speaking institution renowned for its human dimension, its innovative operating style and its partnering with professionals. The Université de Sherbrooke is host to more than 31,000 students (from
97 countries and territories worldwide), and another 11,000 students are registered at the University of the Third Age. There are 6,800 employees at the Université de Sherbrooke
PRINCIPAL CHALLENGES AND DUTIES
• Teaching at the graduate and undergraduate levels.
• Research and supervision of graduate students at the master's and doctoral levels.
• Participation in the University activities.
• Services to the scientific community.
• Hold a Ph. D. degree in Mathematics, Statistics or Biostatistics and must also have postdoctoral experience;
• Be able to teach in French or rapidly achieve this ability;
• Demonstrate excellent research skills;
• Possess strong teaching skills and a strong interest in teaching both at the undergraduate and graduate levels;
• Show an ability and willingness to collaborate with researchers of the Department of Mathematics, and of other departments of the University; furthermore, the candidate will be expected to help develop our future Statistical Consulting Center.
Anticipated start date: June 1st, 2019
Review of applications will begin no later than November 15, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
Check our website for the full description of all our job opportunities, then submit your application online. For this opportunity, see offer 03175
We encourage you to submit your application electronically at the adress : https://monemploi.sofe.usherbrooke.ca/sofe-service/f?p=103:40:15830397234143::NO:RP,40:P40_T_PAGPREV,P40_T_OFFCLEINT:30,43604
Please attach your curriculum vitae. In addition, please have three (3) letters of recommendation sent directly by the signatories to the following:
Madame la Doyenne Faculté des sciences Offre d'emploi no 03175
Université de Sherbrooke
2500, boulevard de l'Université
Sherbrooke (Québec) J1K 2R1
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org