Social Events 2016
Sunday, May 29
- Afternoon Winery Tour to Hernder Estate Wines, 3:15 pm - 5:15 pm.
The tour can accommodate a maximum of 70 people and is now full.
A shuttle bus will depart Brock University at 3:15 pm and arrive at the beautiful local winery within 15 minutes. As one of Niagara Region's premier producers of fine VQA and Fruit wines, and one of Canada's largest family Estate Wineries, Hernder Estate Wines is pleased to offer a tour of its facilities, a sampling of 3 wines and a 1-ounce sample of Icewine or Iced Fruit Wine. You can enjoy the beautiful scenery there and have a relaxing afternoon. The shuttle bus will leave the winery at 5 pm and return to Brock University. $18 fee.
- Welcome Reception. The reception will be in the DeCew Dining Hall, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
Monday, May 30
- Student BBQ (included in student registration, $16 for others, payable with registration). Pond Inlet, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm.
Tuesday, May 31
- Inside Maplesoft's Solutions for Statistics Education. The SSC 2016 meeting participants are invited to attend an information session presented by Maplesoft on Tuesday May 31st, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm in Academic South #217.
Combining a comprehensive set of algorithms, powerful numerical and symbolic capabilities, and an intuitive authoring environment, Maple is an ideal tool for conceptual exploration and interactive learning in the classroom and beyond. In this presentation, Maplesoft will be presenting examples of how Maple can be used to solve problems in probability and statistics, visualize and analyze data sets, and create interactive applications that explore key concepts. You can also learn more about Maplesoft's online solutions for testing and assessment of Statistics courses.
- Banquet. The banquet will be held at the Guernsey Market, first floor of the Arthur Schmon Tower, with cocktails and a cash bar at 6:15 pm and dinner service beginning at 7:05 pm. All conference participants who have not declined the banquet will find a banquet ticket in their registration envelope. You are asked to place this on the table in front of you. If you have a ticket but do not wish to attend the banquet, please return your ticket to the registration desk by noon on Tuesday, May 31. A limited number of banquet tickets are available for guests at $90 each, payable with registration.