SSC Gold Medal Award
The Gold Medal of the SSC shall be awarded to a person who has made outstanding contributions to statistics, or to probability, either to mathematical developments or in applied work. The recipient should be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, and must have made high quality research contributions to the statistical sciences in Canada. A recipient of the Gold Medal must be a member of the SSC.
Call for Nominations:
- The Gold Medal is intended to honour current leaders in their fields and is normally expected to be awarded to someone still active in research.
- A recipient of the Gold Medal should be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada and must be a member of the SSC.
- A nomination consists of a recent curriculum vitæ, at least four letters of support, and a suggested citation to accompany the award.
- Nominations are submitted to the Chair of the Awards Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- A nomination is effective for three successive competitions (unless withdrawn by the nominator) and may be updated annually.
- Please see the SSC guidelines on implicit bias (pdf).